In 1953-54, Joseph Beuys designed furniture for a collector - three tables and a shelf. One of these tables, Monk, was transformed into a work of art and installed in Block Beuys at Hessisches Landesmuseum Darmstadt in 1967. Researching details of Beuys%C3%82´ conception of these pieces, Eva and Wenzel Beuys discovered complex contexts and links to the oeuvre of the artist, put down in a publication by Schellmann Art, Munich. The three tables and the shelf were manufactured for the first time in 2008 by Schellmann Furniture in editions of 15, along with a tripod lamp, which Beuys had built for himself.
Lamp 1960/2008 Metal tripod, ceramic socket and metal reflector. Height adjustable from 75 to 210 cm. Joseph Beuys made this lamp in 1960 for his studio in Düsseldorf, Drakeplatz 4. At the time originating from necessity, it continued to be in use for thirty years.